Happy Wednesday everyone! Here is another Workout Wednesday to go along with your hump day.
The weather is finally starting to feel like summertime and it’s time to bust out the tank tops. And what’s better than rocking tank tops with some toned arms.
Before you begin any upper body workout, remember to stretch. Yes, I am a broken record. Also, do about 5 minutes of cardio to get your heart rate up and to warm up your body to help prevent any injuries. Try jumping rope, jogging, or jumping jacks.
Here we go-
Works out your shoulder, abs, booty, and legs.
- Begin holding one 5 to 10 lb dumbbell in your right hand, arms by your side and feet hip-width apart.
- Bend down into a squat keeping your knees over your ankles.
- Straighten your legs and lift your right arm straight out in front of you to the height of your shoulder
- Lower your right arm and immediately go back into a squat.
- Try doing 3 sets of 12 to 15 reps
- Repeat on the left arm.
Works out your triceps and shoulders
- Sit on the edge of a chair with your palms facing straight back behind you gripping the edge of the chair. Walk your feet out in front of you lifting your butt off the chair.
- Lower your body straight down, bending at the elbows and keeping your posture. When you bend, your legs should be at a 90 degree angle.
- Lift yourself back up to the starting position keeping your shoulders from rolling in.
- Do 3 sets of 15 to 20 reps.
- Make it harder: Straighten your legs out in front of you or stack one heel on top of the other foot.
Works out shoulders, chest and obliques
- Lay on your back with your legs up and knees at 90 degrees. Hold arms straight up over your shoulders, holding a medicine ball in your right hand.
- Pass the ball to your left hand and lower your arm straight out to your left side. At the same time lower your right arm and bent knees to your right side.
- Bring legs and arms back to the starting position, pass the ball to your right hand and switch to the other side.
- Do 3 sets of 10 to 15 reps. Resting for 30 seconds in between sets.
- Start with your legs shoulder width apart and holding two 5 or 10 lb dumbbells by your sides.
- Shift your weight to you left leg. Lift your right leg out to the side at a 45 degree angle with a flexed foot. At the same time, bring the dumbbells to your shoulders palms facing in.
- Bring your arms back down to your sides and shift your weight to your right side.
- Repeat alternating legs and continuing the bicep curls.
- Do 3 sets of 12 to 15 reps.
- Begin holding two 5 or 10 lb dumbbells at your sides with your legs shoulder width apart. Lift your arms out to the side so your hands line up with your shoulders, palms facing down. Lower your arms back down to your sides. Repeat 10 times.
- Lift your arms straight out in front of so your hands line up with your shoulders, palms facing down. Lower your arms back down to your sides. Repeat 10 times.
- Hold your arms up so your elbows are in-line with your shoulders and arms are at a 90 degree angle, like a goalpost with palms facing forward. Press the dumbbells straight up overhead. Bring them back down to the goalpost position. Repeat 10 times.
- Hold your arms up straight above your head. Dip your dumbbells back behind your head bending from your elbows. Lift them back up above your head. Repeat 10 times.
- Perform all four exercises listed above without stopping. Rest for 30 to 60 seconds. Repeat all four exercises doing 10 reps for each one. Do the whole sequence three times.
Keep up the good work everyone. I hope you found these helpful. Remember to listen to your body and keep your head held high.