Let’s face it. My generation is nothing like older generations. We weren’t brought up to cook, clean, fix cars, and be mechanical.
Sadly, I know very few guys who don’t need to take their cars to be serviced and can fix anything, like my dad. And my mom doesn’t hesitate to remind me every single weekend, that when she was younger she had to cook and clean out the refrigerator every Sunday. Yeah, mom I get it.
But before you old folks start bashing my generation, keep in mind that we are educated, very technological, and already starting to run this country so watch out!
With that said, I have decided to attempt to domesticate myself a little more. I am already 23 and my parents are right when they say I can’t live off of quesadillas and grilled cheese all my life.
Here is a recipe that I have been successful at cooking. Try it out.
Sweet and Spicy Chicken Stir Fry
What you need:
- 3 cups of broccoli
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup of sliced green onions
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced/minced
- 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons of chili paste (more or less) I like it spicy
- 1 table spoon of low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/8 cup of chicken stock
What you do:
- Steam broccoli for about 5 minutes by putting it in a steamer over an inch of boiling water and keep it covered.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil and sauté the chicken, green onions, and garlic until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in hoisin sauce, chili paste and soy sauce.
- Then add the ginger, red pepper, salt and black pepper.
- Stir in the chicken stock and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- Lastly, mix in the steamed broccoli and any other vegetables and serve over rice.
This recipe takes about 30 minutes to prepare, and makes about 5 servings. If you like healthy and spicy this recipe is for you. Enjoy!