Happy First Day of Spring!
Can I just start off this beautiful Wednesday by saying that I wish I never tried on Victoria’s Secret VSX workout clothes. I think I may have a problem. Hi. My name is Jenna and I am a VSXholic.
Now that I got that off my chest, it’s been long overdue for a Workout Wednesday and with bikini season almost here what was I thinking? Well the truth is, I have been struggling to keep up with my own fitness so I didn’t want to post a workout and not be working out. Gotta practice what you preach.
So since you all know I’ve been crazy busy with work and birthday celebrations this reason to be fit couldn’t be more accurate.
Spring is finally here, which means summer is creeping up behind us, so I am going to try to be consistent with these 3 ab workouts to get me ready for summa- summa- summatime!!
Elbow to Knee Cross:
I did this exercise in my Piyo class night and let me tell you, I am feeling it this morning.
- Sit on the floor with your legs in front of you. Bend your knees slightly and keep only your heels on the floor. Lean your torso back slightly so your body forms a ‘V’
- Lift both arms into the air. Elbows should be parallel with your shoulders and your hands by your ears in a goalpost position
- Twist your torso to the left. Lift your right heel off the ground and bring your left elbow to your right knee. Do not bring your chest forward. Keep good posture while twisting. Place left heel on the floor and return to the starting position.
- Twist your torso to the right bringing your right elbow to your left knee.
- Alternating opposite knee and elbow for 8 reps slowly. Then do 8 more reps at a faster pace. Rest and repeat 3 more times.
Sitting Leg Lifts:
- Begin sitting on the floor with your lower back flat up against a wall. Bend your knees and open your legs so your feet a wider than shoulder-width apart. Place your feet on the ground.
- Place your fingertips on the floor between your legs, keep your lower back against the wall.
- Squeeze your abs and lift your legs off the floor while pressing your fingertips to the floor. Try doing 15 to 20 reps of lifting your legs off the ground. Rest and repeat 3 more times.
Cross Legged Sit-ups
- Sit with your legs crisscrossed and lay on your back. Place your right hand behind your head and left arm straight up to the ceiling.
- Keeping your left arm straight sit up crossing your left arm to touch the floor past your right knee.
- Lay back down and switch arms placing your left hand behind your head and right arm straight up. Sit up crossing your right arm over to the floor beyond your left knee.
- Alternate touching the floor from right to left keeping your legs in the crisscrossed position. Try doing 15 to 20 reps. Rest and repeat 3 more times.
Check out these posts below for more ab workouts:
Listen to your body, stay positive, and keep your head held high.