Please excuse my almost 2 month-long hiatus from blogging. It seems that my life has been nonstop since the big night of June 21st. There has been so much more added to my plate and to think about in these up coming years and I am just basking in happiness
and stress. I can not express how blessed I am to begin this journey with the love of my life, and all the family and friends who are enjoying this time with us.
Here is a little recap of what we have been doing:
- Looking for a place to live: Kenny and I have really gotten serious about finding our own home, but it’s been a little rough so far. First we were thinking of moving 30 to 45 minutes away from friends and family so we can get a little more bang for our buck. Plus we weren’t finding ANYTHING worth while near home. So after spending our weekends driving further and further away from home with our realtor and not finding a big enough bang for our buck, we realized it wouldn’t be worth it leaving friends and family, plus adding on an hour to our compute to work. No, thank you! We started finding places closer to home but they are still a little pricey. We continue to go back and forth on whether to rent or buy, whether to be living in a tiny house crammed or starving ourselves over a livable home …. so the search continues.
- Envisioning our wedding: I slightly panicked when I had dinner with girlfriends and they jokingly asked if I already had my wedding details planned out on a Wedding board on Pinterest. “Uh? Am I supposed to have a wedding board on Pinterest?” I had no idea of what I wanted regarding colors, location, flowers, cake, music, food, “pinteresty” hipster things that are totally unnecessary but then again very necessary to have a wedding at this day in age! As silly as it sounds, I have got that covered and my wedding board is stacked. And I actually have ideas of how I want our wedding. More on that later.
- Saving Money.
- Looking to advance our careers: Applications, interviews, exams, etc. Hire me! Trying to make myself more marketable seems like another job in itself.
- Celebrated 2 out of the 3 most important men in my life: Last weekend we celebrated my Dad’s birthday just the way he wanted by relaxing at home. This past weekend we celebrated my brother’s 30th birthday with a surprise birthday bash and then concerts on the beach the day after.
- Enjoying the wedding season: By attending an elegant bridal shower and an insane bachelorette party in Vegas for a beautiful bride to be. I am still trying to catch up on sleep from that trip.
- Looking at Wedding Venues: it’s never too early. We have a location and even a date in mind….May 2015.
So cut me some slack for not blogging sooner people. I hope to get some time out of all the craziness to continue to blog regularly. Despite the excitement and stress, there is one thing I have not said in a while which is long over due:
Keep your head held high.